Random Thoughts 36

Why have cinnamon graham crackers become so hard to find? 

###

Most of our fingers have alternate names. The first finger is the index or pointer finger. The fourth finger is the ring finger. The fifth finger is the pinky. But the middle finger is never anything but the middle finger. Why is that? Why doesn’t it have another name? Maybe I should give it one. The curse finger?

###

I noticed today when my phone decides to show me a bunch of memory photos, no matter what the theme is, there are always more photos of food and drinks than anything else. I will leave that here.

###

First the Ozempic commercial put Magic permanently into my head. Now Chevy trucks are infecting me with a Come and Get Your Love earworm. Well, David Paton seems to be enjoying the revival of his career. Let’s hope it does the same for Redbone.

###

I wonder if George Glass was from Canada

###

Further signs that I'm way too easily amused: It's so cool when I'm walking outside on a windy day wearing hoop earrings and the wind whistles when it blows through them.

###

Dear MSC: Is Bittersweet Symphony really an appropriate song to advertise a cruise vacation? Do you think people want to associate their vacations with that sort of fatalism?

###

Speaking of commercials, am I the only person who thinks Jardiance commercials were created by the same team behind Crazy Ex Girlfriend?

###

Why do people have such a hard time saying, "oriented"? It's easier to say than the incorrect "orientated".

###

20th Century: Pencil behind ear

21st Century: Stylus behind Ear

###

I think Fresh Direct bags are taking over the world. When the aliens discover the ruins of our civilization, they are going to find human stored all their worldly goods in Fresh Direct bags. 

Recently I went to my storage locker to put my Christmas decorations away. I had most of them in Fresh Direct bags. There was another woman there at the same time as me, with a cart full of Fresh Direct bags. "What would we do without Fresh Direct bags?" she jokingly asked me. Indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North