Random Thoughts 7

You are in Hell.  You can only read one book for all eternity. Your choices are Atlas Shrugged or the entire 50 Shades trilogy.  Which would you choose?

Sometimes I look at my scars from my surgery and I am amazed.  My hip was repaired and reconstructed through those two tiny incisions.  Medical science is pretty amazing isn't it?

There is something hypocritcal about right-wing fundamentalists who claim they reject climate change because they believe in science, but also insist the world is only 6,000 years old.   If science means anything at all to you, then you wouldn't be believing the world is only 6,000 years old.

Why are shows about pawn shops so popular?  What is the appeal?  I ask this as someone who does occasionally watch pawnbroker reality.  Why do they keep making so many of these shows and why do we watch them?  Is it the family conflict that seems inherent in the business?  Is it because we want to know the value of our own stuff?  Is it because it makes us feel better about ourselves that we are not so desperate as to need to sell our prized possessions to a pawn shop?

I miss riding so much.  I don't know how I can hold out another 4 months.  Sometimes I find myself walking down the street and just imagining I'm on a horse.  

Whenever I make frosting, I always need to use way more powdered sugar than the recipe tells me to.   Is this true for anyone else?

The Internet really needs to learn some new adjectives.  Have you ever noticed that everything interesting on the Internet is now "mind blowing"?  With so much mind-blowing information floating around the Internet, I am beginning to wonder why all of humanity isn't knee-deep in exploded brain tissue.  How about some new adjective - maybe ones that are a bit less hyperbolic?  Some suggestions:  Fascinating, devastating, thought-provoking, shocking, frightening, memorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North