Random Thoughts 37

 


Whenever I see men who are "sneakerheads", who own multiple pairs of pricey sneakers, I want to scream to the world that men no longer have the right to say women are the ones who are overly obsessed with shoes.

###

Why do pen manufacturers continue to put those shirt clips on their pens? I even have them on my styli. What's the point? Everyone always fiddles with them and breaks them off. How many people still put pens in their shirt pockets? Let's retire the clip and find something else to fidget with.

###

KEVIN: It's kind of early for chocolates

RACHEL: What a strange thing to say - as if chocolate has a timeline

###

Kevin is the most saintly husband to ever walk the earth. Why? Because for the first two or three weeks after my fall, I was almost completely unable to move my right arm. That meant he had to help me get undressed every night. It's not nice to make a guy always take his wife's clothes off and have it not end in the way such an action is supposed to. 

###

Who agrees with me that Hulu the worst streaming service ever? It's unstable and full of commercials. Wasn't the whole point of paying to stream your movies and TV shows to not have commercials?

###

Lately when I express a controversial opinion on this blog, I preface it by saying, "Fight me on this." I need to stop saying that. I don't want to fight. I hate violence. I hate pain. I don't want to physically harm someone for the minor reason of daring to disagree with me. I will change "fight me" to, "I dare you to disagree with me about this so I can insist you're wrong and shout you down until you throw up your hands and give up in frustration."

###

American politics are a disgusting MAGA muddle on the right. There are two major wars happening in the world. Yet the in the midst of the chaos the media continue to obsess over where Princess Catherine is and why she has made no public appearances. I find this hilarious. I understand to some degree that being in the British Royal Family means you are not entitled to a private life, but this is bordering on the absurd. If I thought there was some genuine concern over the state of her health, I would be less critical of the media, but even the most reasonable news outlets are full of conspiratorial speculation. Why does it matter to you so much what Princess Catherine is doing? She has spent the past twenty years in the public eye. Let her hide out for a while.

###

Why does my generation think it’s such a flex to drink from a hose?

###

Back in the 20th Century, we used to jokingly talk about good times or corny scenes as "Kodak Moments" based on the advertising campaigns of the camera company. I realized now we have a 21st Century version of that. Now instead of a Kodak Moment (something so special it needs to be captured on a film camera and printed as a photo) we have an Instagramable Moment (something so special we have to show it off on Instagram). 

###

Did I just say, "Back in the 20th Century"? Man I am old!

###

One lesson I learned from playing word guessing games (Wordle, Quordle, and Octordle) daily is no guess is too ridiculous. So many times I think, “That can’t possibly be the right word, but it’s all I can think of,” then reluctantly make the guess. Then I am shocked when it’s correct.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North