Things I Wish People Would Learn - Road Edition

1. Remember what they taught you when you were a kid about looking both ways before crossing the street? It's still a good idea.

2. Order of arrival matters at intersection. If I get to my stop sign first before you get to yours, I enter the intersection before you do.

3. The Powers That Be place crosswalks in the road where motorists are required to stop for pedestrians. If you don't use them, I am not responsible for what happens to you if I happen to be driving.

4. Your horn does not have special, magical powers. These non-existent magical powers do not grow stronger the longer the sound lingers. In other words, leaning on your horn forever will not make other drivers - or traffic in general - yield to your desires.

**************************************************************************
And now for something completely different.

Ever hope for something, even though you think it's a pretty impractical hope, and then you look at the calendar and the general schedule of events in your world and realize it can never come to pass? Then you suddenly get a new spark of hope and think, "Well, maybe if..." then you realize that if the situation were reversed, it still wouldn't come to pass.

That's okay if you don't get what I'm talking about. I'm just musing "out loud". I have an elephant in the room right now. It's not a very angry or scary elephant. In fact, it's a very happy pretty pink elephant. But it's still an elephant in the room and I can't talk about it. Let's just say I realized something that has made me rather unhappy, but I'll get over it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North