Random Thoughts 24

Guessing the Wordle in three or fewer tries is truly a thing of beauty.

Do today's Goths identify more with Visigoths or Ostrogoths?

As I try to cut back my Facebook use, I turn to other timesucks.  Now it seems I am becoming a Pinterest addict. (I know Pinterest is out of fashion.  I have a LiveJournal account too).  I think it’s safe to say I have Pinned more recipes (especially dessert recipes) than I will ever make in my lifetime.

Yoga is the perfect form of exercise.  It’s the only workout I can do where I can do nothing at all and yet still say I am exercising.  Lie motionless on the floor? I'm exercising.  It's called the corpse pose.

Last year I was impressed with the quality of  movies coming out of Hollywood.  I was looking forward to seeing some more actual good movies this year.  What happened Hollywood?  This year I had to suffer through so many long rambling dull movies that all too often came to thoroughly unsatisfying ends.  I think the industry is now trying too hard. (Licorice Pizza WHY?)

Why do YouTubers say they are “filming” their videos.  This is the digital age.  There is no film involved here.

Yes, I do have a favorite stove burner.  It’s the right front.  However, my favorite burner for the teakettle is the left back one.

They say you know you’re getting old when you can’t find your glasses when they are on top of your head.  What does it say about me when I can’t find my glasses and they aren’t on top of my head when I swore that was the last place I put them?

The Cincinnati football team is called the Bengals.  The Detroit baseball team is the Tigers.  Should we assume in Detroit they are Siberian tigers since Cincinnati laid claim to the Bengals?

Another way to know you’re getting old:  When you start singing along to the music in the supermarket and get angry when it’s interrupted by store annouemts



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2