Random Thoughts 26

It amazes me how much hair I can shed in the shower.  When I wash my hair, I end up gathering up a handful of  excess hair in my hands.  I don't catch all of it though, because a bunch of it will be caught in the Tub Shroom.  Even that can't stop it all from going down the drain because I periodically have to take apart the drain mechanism and clear the hair from there.  With all the work I do to keep my drain clean, every once in a while I find there is nothing I can do to to stop my drain from being slow.  At this point I have to call the plumber, who proceeds to remove a plug of hair the size of a large sausage from the pipes.  I swear my hairs breed and create new hairs once they fall from my head.

Don't delete my emails because you think they are Spam.  My emails are not Spam.  They are the baked beans among the spam, spam, spam, and spam.



I find it funny when people ask me if my hair is naturally curly.  Does anyone think I would make my hair look like this on purpose?

How did I ever do my job without the ability to have Zoom meetings on the fly?  I no longer have to figure out the best way to explain the steps to use a database over the phone.  Technology is a wonderful thing. 

Truth: Sliced bread isn’t such a great thing in the grand scheme of life.  We need a better benchmark for greatness.

I don’t spend much time in Long Island.  I don’t have many reasons to go there.  However, from my early teen years to my mid-thirties, I listened regularly to Long-Island-based radio station, WLIR/WDRE.  During those years I constantly heard ads and other references to Long Island-based businesses, various town names, and the names of major thoroughfares.  To this day, on the rare occasions that I am in Long Island, when I pass through the towns mentioned on the radio and see those street names, along those roads and even some of the businesses advertised, it’s funny how these places all feel so familiar to me even though I have never been to them.

It’s annoying to get those spam emails about someone trying to log into my Facebook account, but I have to admire the persistence of the spammers.  I receive those emails at least once a day.  They never give up.  Too bad they aren’t using that power if persistence for good.

Thanks to Calvin and Hobbes, I will always refer to stuffed peppers as monkey heads.

Murphy's Law of Excel spreadsheets:  If I am dragging a cell down to copy data into the cells below, it will never automatically copy the way I want it.  If I want to copy the cells, it will automatically fill the series.  If I want it to fill the series, it will automatically copy the cells.  Happens every time. 

Dunkin Donuts shortened its name to Dunkin.  But the logo is still DD.  What’s up with that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2