Random Thoughts 32

Opening with the funniest PSA on YouTube 


Sometimes you have to remind yourself that when you start your day with a bad Wordle, Quordle, and Octordle that it isn’t an indication of how the rest of your day will go.

***

Coolest Dream Ever (Courtesy of Ambien): Kevin and I are at a party and he says he wants to leave. I suddenly become lucid and tell him, "This is a dream. You are already home.  All you need to do is wake up."  Then I realize that doesn't make sense because I am the one dreaming and not him. I tell him, "This is my dream and I want to sleep some more. You're staying at this party until I have had enough sleep."  So I slept and kept dreaming about the party. 

***

Why do social media fashion and housekeeping influencers say that steaming clothes is less of a pain than ironing?  I have come to the conclusion it isn’t.  I find it harder to hoist a steamer up and down in the air than it is to run an iron horizontally against a flat surface (it's all about gravity, people).  Also, a steamer never works as well as an iron.  It can take several passes with a steamer to remove the wrinkles from clothes, while an iron presses them out in one pass - and does it better.  This is especially true of extra-wrinkly fabrics like linen.  I understand the need for a steamer with delicate fabrics like silk, but I think for most of my clothes, it’s time to revert to being an Iron Lady.

***

One of the problems of communal laundry rooms is other residents will sometimes leave small items behind in the washers and dryers without realizing it and I accidentally take that clothing with me.  Occasionally I find strange women's panties in my underwear drawer.

This morning I found a pair of panties that weren't mine in my underwear drawer and I grumbled as I would need to take them back to the laundry room and hope their original owner would claim them.

Then I realized there are worse things than finding another woman's panties in my underwear drawer.  I could find another woman's panties in Kevin's underwear drawer.

***

I have a unique talent for finding the shopping cart at the grocery store with the noisiest wheels.

###

Murphy's Law: Your horse will never execute a more perfect flying change than she does when you want her to maintain a counter-canter.

###

What’s the deal with the current cultural obsession with Mrs. Roper? Was this all engineered by the caftan industry?

###

Here is another head scratcher. Why are restaurants and food service establishments now referring to sandwiches as "handhelds"?  Does this have something to do with the inane controversy about whether or not hot dogs are sandwiches?  Are restaurants so afraid of being called out for inappropriately calling something a sandwich that they no longer want to use the term?  

###

One of the ways I try to be more environmentally conscious is I started buying bamboo toilet paper earlier this year. But am I really doing the world any favors by ordering it through Amazon?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2