Week 25 - What Did I Do with a Week Off?

This week was considered the "Midterm Exam".  We had no habits and no set workouts.  It was a week for the team to be on our own and see if we could sustain our past habits without having something specific to record every day.  They even declared the Fourth of July to be "Eat Whatever You Want Day". 

I didn't do too well.  I gained two pounds.  Tip of the Day: Don't eat at an Indian restaurant the night before a weigh in.  I can't just blame the Indian food though.  I definitely ate a few too many snacks that would not be considered "smart carbs" or "whole foods".  In fact I even had a couple lunches that were a bit off the good food path.

I almost think I got a bit overconfident.  Last week I was sad that halfway through the year I had lost only 10.2 pounds.  Then I realized something.  Pounds are only part of the equation.  I have lost 3" off my waist, 3" off my waist, and almost 3" off my chest.  I am down to 22% bodyfat.  I don't think I have ever been below 24% in my adult life.  If I keep going at this exact same pace, I will have my dream bodyfat level (I would like to eventually be below 20%) and could potentially lost another 3" off my problem areas.  I have also been taking a good look at my photos from Week 1 and my most recent photos.  There is a definite difference.  My waist is clearly smaller and the fatback rolls are not nearly as numerous and obvious.  I'm leaner and tighter.  

The only problem is that Riddle feels my weight the same way whether it's made up of fat or muscle. 

So next week I have to start doing my workout and habits again.  According to a recent email from my coach, for the next two weeks we have to "Do a little bit better."  How can we improve upon what we are already doing?  My plan is to pick two habits each day and do them the best that I can.  The workouts for the past 6 weeks were really tough.  I'm kind of dreading what they will look like in this phase.  My vacation will come up right smack dab in the middle of it.  That is going to throw a wrench in the works of anything I do!

Speaking of vacation, how much will I hate the beach photos this year?  Kevin has already been asking me if I plan to wear a bikini in Chincoteague this summer.  I told him no.  We'll stick to the one-piece and the tankini for now.  I'm still aiming for a bikini in Costa Rica though.  That should placate him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2