Week 26 - Refreshed & Re-Energized

It has been a good week!

After our week's break I really felt that if I wanted to continue to see any real differences in my body, I would have to start taking the program more seriously.  Our habits for these two weeks have been a tremendous help.  The habit is simply, "A little more, a little better."  We are supposed to pick one thing we can do just a bit better each day."

I took those instructions very seriously.  I decided to pick three habits each day that I would follow to the letter.  I have 13 habits to choose from.  Some are easier than others.  There were days when I chose my habits at random.  There were days when I decided to challenge myself more.  There are going to be days in the coming week where I will be facing events that are going to be very food-driven.  Tonight I am going to a friend's cookout.  Tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with my family.  Tuesday is my birthday.  Those are not days when I'm likely to choose habits like drinking only calorie-free beverages or eating only whole foods.  I can eat slowly and eat to 80% full in any given eating situation though.  On the days where I don't have any occasions, I really want to focus on the stretch goals.

I leave for Chincoteague on the 21st.  I intend to carry this over to my vacation.  I don't know what my official habit will be after next week, but I know I want to make sure that I have three habits in place every day that I'm away.  Chincoteague is not a place where I eat well, but I can minimize the damage.  Besides, there is no excuse to not be active in Chincoteague.  I spend my week ocean swimming and boogie boarding, biking, kayaking, paddle boarding, and horseback riding.  Even if it rains (and it had better not!) I am taking my bands with me and I intend to do my weight workouts as scheduled.  The hotel has a pool too.

What's the best accomplishment of this week?  Well, the scale is not the most important measure of progress, but this time I'm happy to say it's on the scale.  Since April I have been losing and regaining the same two or three pounds.  This morning I stepped on the scale and saw my first downward scale movement in a very long time.

My coach gave the team a clean slate this week.  The second half of the program is almost like a do-over.  It is really helping me.  I do feel a fresh start and the same sense of optimism I felt when I started this program. In the past when I have done programs I usually burn out after six months, particularly after a weight plateau. Now I really believe the next 6 months will be awesome.  This week I have really felt a good sense of intuition when it comes to what I should be eating and how much.  I find myself not wanting to eat too much.  I realize I don't want dessert.  I can drink water when I go out to dinner and simply enjoy the food on my plate.  I am becoming a new person.

I really did hope to be a little smaller and lighter by this time.  I was hoping to be a good 5-7 pounds lighter by the time vacation rolls around.  I comfort myself that I am a bit smaller and a bit tighter, and a bit less jiggly.

Onward and downward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North