Random Thoughts 28

I have so many posts titled "Random Thoughts" I decided to engage in an exquisite time-waster and number each one so they would each have a unique identifier.  I don't know why I needed to do that, but I now know I have done 28 posts of "Random Thoughts" microblogs.

###

Everyone talks about the "drunk uncle" who makes trouble at holidays.  How come I don’t have a drunk uncle?   Am I missing out?  Where can I get a drunk uncle?  It might be nice to spice up holidays a bit.

###

Why did children's pop culture abandon aardvarks? When I was a kid Wonderama had an aardvark song.  Sesame Street had an aardvark song.  The books and TV series Arthur is about an aardvark (who doesn't resemble an aardvark at all).  Why aren't kids these days amused by aardvarks?

###

When I was a kid, if my food was too hot, the adults who were serving it to me would put it in a smaller dish.  I never understood why they did that.  How does a small dish make food cooler?  Shouldn’t you put it in a bigger dish so it can be spread out and have more surface area exposed to cooler air?

###

We have laws in the country about texting and driving.  I think New York City needs laws about walking while looking at your phone.  I am tired of being stuck walking behind someone absorbed in a screen or dodging people coming from the other direction who refuse to look up.  Walking around with your face in your phone isn't only annoying.  It's dangerous.  I remember one time I was stuck crossing the street behind a woman looking at her phone while an ambulance was roaring toward her.  She could have been hit or else caused damage to the ambulance if it had to come to a stop to avoid hitting her.  Enough.  Nothing can possibly be so important you have to be looking at it while you walk.  If it's important, stand aside and stop. 

###

Had anyone ever considered crossing a Newfoundland with a Poodle?  Because I would love to see a dog called a Noodle. (Or would Newdle be an even cooler spelling?)

###

Should I get a Mastodon account?  I certainly don't want a Twitter account now, but I have stated many times before these Random Thoughts posts might work better on a different platform. Any Mastodon fans out there?

###

How exactly did Facebook decide people wanted to know what they would look like as a baby or a doll or a cat or a snowman or any other random object or living creature?  I didn't wake up this morning thinking, "Gee, I wonder what I would look like if I were a stapler.  Maybe Facebook's algorithm can tell me."

###

If I have one regret about doing She Loves Me, it’s that I told family and friends, “Don’t bother making that long trek to Stamford to see me in this.  I hardly do anything.”  There were sixteen performances and I only knew people in the audience for five of them.  I didn’t do much, but I did have a few of my own bits. I worked at it.  It’s a little disheartening taking my bows night after night and not seeing people out there cheering me on.  I am used to Harrison where there are only a few performances, and because it’s local, and because so many people I know have worked with them, I always see people I know whether I asked friends and family to come or not.  I took that for granted.  From now on, I will encourage friends and family to come to every show no matter how small the part.

###

The biggest tragedy of playing Octordle is having three unsolved words and only two guesses left.  You can ace two words, but you will finish the game with one unsolved.  Then you have to make the crucial decision. Which two words do you try to solve, and which one will you abandon?  Even if you solve two of those words, the one you don’t figure out will taunt you because you realize how painfully obvious it was after you are told the answer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Not Curate and Edit Your Wardrobe (and still be happy with it)

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 4, Akureyri and Jewels of the North

Travels in Fire and Ice - Day 2